11.15.2010

Monday morning poem

This one was written by Gwen herself

What happens when you try to write a poem using the phrases:
Double Breasted Suit
California Newt
Banana Passion Fruit
and
House of ill repute?
Not much.


The California Newt:

Where for a'going Mister Ketch in his double breasted suit?

Well going down that road ya see their can't be no depute.

When dressed up in is finery just like an ostrich goes

Mister Ketch is fetch-en up to the onliest place where sin and pleasure grows

They gave that Ketch a nicking name on account of his slimy ways

like a lizard down in Santa Fe a slinkn' through the days

California Newt they call him, as hes slinkn' through the town

and with the whiskey and that whine, my man, tis a wonder he don't drown!

Yes my fren' as sure he is as what a lady'd call a brute

for Mister Ketch is headed to a house of ill repute!!


As you can see I was trying to make it sound all "country-ish" like two old men with banjos sitting in rocking chairs. I also couldn't fit Banana Passion Fruit anywhere!!

Do you have a challenge for me?

1 comment:

  1. I like it! I think you should stick to poetry, I should stick to screenplays and we both should stay away from novels...lol.

    ReplyDelete