8.16.2010

Goals are tricky things

It should be obvious to all of you that although I like to make goals, unfortunately I seldom see them through. Like my goal to draw everyday this month….haven’t. Even. Started.

Accordingly, I did a little soul searching trying to figure out what makes our Gwendolyn tick (and what, in turn, makes me yawn). I made a list of things I have actually accomplished
  • Snapping with both hands equally loud
  • Blowing bubbles (chewing gum) this took me kind of a long time
  • Unwrapping a “Starburst” with my mouth really gross learning curve let me tell you
  • Curling my lip like Elvis from Dallas to Memphis…. approximately eight hours of looking out the window and trying to curl my lip…. Nevertheless, I can do it! (but only on one side lol)
  • Reading “more” this one has been a slow and steady climb. I already like to read, but the past few years I really kicked it up a notch (this year alone I have read twenty-four ½ books!)
  • Try everything once (both evil and benign) I plead the fifth. I will leave it up to your wild imaginations exactly what I have tried
  • Travel eleven countries, three continents…..

I’m sure there are more but those are all I can think of for now. The common factors: Time, Perseverance, room for creativity, starts with a dare of some kind, fun that makes the work worth while, and I just wanted to do it ( I never actually made it into a "goal").

No comments:

Post a Comment